Military Voting

Persons serving in the military may vote from their designated 'home of record', regardless of where they may be stationed or for how long.

Registration Application
If that home of record is in New York, you may register and vote in local, state and federal elections by completing an application (PDF) and sending it to the board of elections in your home of record county.

Your application will register you and also serve as your absentee ballot application, and will be valid for 2 federal elections.

Applications are available from your voting assistance officer on base, or you can access for forms and information from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.

Always be sure to share any change of address information with Washington County Board of Elections.

Additional Information
Questions? Call the Washington County Board of Elections at 518-746-2180, the State Board of Elections at 518-474-6220 or the Federal Voter Assistance Program at 1-800-438-8683, or contact your voting assistance officer or U.S. Embassy office.