- Washington County Tourism - Information on all the fun things to do and see in Washington County
- Washington County, New York Government
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Washington County
- courtsystem.org - User friendly database of listings for all emergency, legal and law enforcement, as well as government offices in the U.S.
Business Financing Options
- The Adirondack Economic Development Corporation administers several loan programs including a Micro Loan Program that is available to Washington County businesses.
- Lake Champlain Lake George Regional Planning Board (LCLGRPB) - The LCLGRPB operates a regionally based Revolving Loan Fund program that provides financing to support the growth of small businesses through the five-county area (Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, Warren, and Washington).
- Community Loan Fund of the Capital Region - provides financing to businesses in Washington County.
- New York Business Development Corporation - (NYBDC) offers a variety of financing options for Washington County businesses.
- NYBDC - Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF) Smart Loan - EGF is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) that provides loans to New York small business owners in economically disadvantaged areas who cannot obtain conventional financing from a bank and promotes economic development and job creation by providing streamlined access to small business loans and business advisory services.
New York State
- New York State - Access information on New York State e-business, map-NY, New York State Citizen Guide, the Governor's page, and a search feature
- New York State Government Telephone Directory - The Office of General Services Directory includes listings of: Organizations and Individuals, New York State Facilities, Functional Topics, 800 Numbers for Services Provided by NYS, and more
- New York State Geographic Information System - The NYS GIS site provides access to the New York State GIS Metadata and Data Repository
- The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority provides energy audits, technical assistance, and grants for energy saving fixtures
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets mission is to foster a competitive food and agriculture industry that benefits producers and consumers alike
- New York State Department of Transportation’s mission is to ensure our customers -- those who live, work and travel in New York State - have a safe, efficient, balanced and environmentally sound transportation system
- New York State Department of Labor supports the economic interests of the people and businesses in NYS. They connect people to jobs, assist the unemployed, develop workplace skills, and protect the public and the workforce
- New York State Department of State, known as the "Keeper of Records" for more than two centuries, continues to perform its historic responsibilities, as well as oversee a wide range of additional functions and evolving programs
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation exists to: "conserve, improve, and protect New York State's natural resources and environment, and control water, land and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being"
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicles: Get your Washington County license plates today
- New York State Homes and Community Renewal - Administers the Community Development Block Grant program for the state
- Adirondack Park Agency administers a 6 million acre park in Northern New York, including part of the Town of Fort Ann and all of the Towns of Dresden and Putnam in Washington County
- Empire State Development, the economic development arm of New York State
- New York State Department of Taxation and Finance provides a fair system of tax administration, is accessible and responsive to taxpayers, and contributes to a favorable economic climate
- Healthy NY program is designed to assist small business owners in providing their employees and their employees’ families with the health insurance they need and deserve (In addition, uninsured sole proprietors and workers whose employers do not provide health insurance may also purchase comprehensive coverage directly through the Healthy NY program)
- New York State Department of Economic Development
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Senate
- New York State Office of Parks and Recreation and Historic Preservation
- FEMA Map Service Center
- Grants.gov - Your source to find and apply for federal grants
- The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics (The BLS is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data)
- The Small Business Administration maintains and strengthens the nation’s economy by aiding, counseling, assisting and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from natural disasters
- Foreign Trade Zone Information - Capital District Regional Planning Commission administers a general purpose Foreign Trade Zone (#121) covering nine counties, including Washington
- U.S. Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements
- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- The Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) is a Class 1 North American railway providing freight transportation services over a 14,000-mile network in Canada and the U.S. (Our high density network serves virtually every major sector and ships commodities like grain, coal, lumber and potash as well as cars, agricultural equipment, home electronics, food and furniture)
- NYS Canal Corp - The Champlain Canal, which connects the Hudson River and Lake Champlain, allows marine access from Washington County to the Great Lakes, the Mississippi, St. Lawrence, and Ohio Rivers, and the Inland Waterway along the East Coast
- Amtrak - Washington County is proud to have Amtrak stations in Fort Edward and Whitehall
- Vermont Railway - VTR operates a railroad in northeastern Washington County with access to New England and connections to North America
- The Greater Glens Falls Transit system provides bus service to the Hudson Falls and Fort Edward areas of Washington County
- The Adirondack-Glens Falls Transportation Council (AGFTC) - facilitates a cooperative transportation planning and decision making process between area municipalities and state and federal agencies and establishes a process for the allocation and use of federal highway and transit funds that are available to the region
- The Albany International Airport is the closest full-service commercial airport to Washington County (The major air center for the Capital Region, Northeastern New York and Western New England, the Albany International Airport offers a wide-range of facilities and services)
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Cooperative Extension - Agricultural Economic Development Program of Washington and Saratoga Counties retain existing agricultural businesses and increase agricultural viability and profitability in both counties
- The Agricultural Stewardship Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of farmland in the Washington County area (We help farmers and other landowners protect their land through the use of conservation easements)
- American Farmland Trust - New York State Office
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- National Grid - The major electric and natural gas provider in Washington County
- NYSEG - The electric supplier to a portion of eastern Washington County
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- The Job Link - The main source for the labor force needs of employers in Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties; brought to you by the S-W-W Workforce Investment Board.
- The Counties of Warren and Washington Industrial Development Agency provides economic development services, Empire Zone information and general business information for Washington and Warren Counties.
- The Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce serves a 5 county region, including Warren, Washington, Hamilton, Essex and Northern Saratoga Counties. They help increase and maintain the economic strength and quality of life in the region by supporting existing businesses and industry, helping members grow and prosper, and by assisting in attracting and developing new businesses.
- The Southern Adirondack Library System (SALS) is a voluntary association of 35 public libraries in Hamilton, Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties
- The Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex Board of Cooperative Educational Services provides cost-effective shared educational programs and services that complement component school districts in strengthening the quality of living and learning in their communities
- SUNY Adirondack - As part of the State University of New York, ACC is a 2-year college accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (ACC offers extensive associate degrees and certificate programs and practices transfer agreements with numerous colleges and universities)
- Hudson Valley Community College
Business Education Programs
- New York State Small Business Development Center - Through a network of 23 regional centers, we deliver high quality business counseling and training to New Yorkers who want to start a business or improve the performance of an existing business
- NYS Small Business - New York State's 1-stop shop for small businesses looking to start or expand in our state
- Small Business Administration